Monday, October 30, 2006

Junglees...

J U N G L E E S???

Year 2000 - A batch of 12th standard guys was just passed out of college. This was the time when almost everyone had their eyes set for higher studies. Some dreamt of being doctors, some wanted to carry on their family business, some just wanted to experience what college life is all about and then there were some like me who wanted to take on the world, experience extreme torture, undergo agony, feel excruciating pain, get tormented.

But I was ready to take the challenge head on. Not because I was fearless but because I was unaware of the perils involved in my decision. And I was not the only brave man who made this decision. There were thousands like me. Yes!!! I am proud to say that I chose engineering over all options given to me.

And as they say… the battle is not won by brave men alone; you need armies to trounce your enemies. So, we formed an army in college called the Animal Kingdom. 20 animals - all from different species.

I still remember those days when we tacked together in our matchbox sized canteen more famous for its hideouts after bunking lectures than for its oily food. Those were the days when we had to join 2 long tables to make place for our group to dine together. Be it canteen or any hotel; we had to wait for our turn to dine because there was hardly any eatery… that could accommodate so many animals on one table.

However, the hotel managers took all these efforts because one thing was guaranteed. At the end of it all… our bills would surely bring a smile on his face. The amount and the speed with which the food disappeared from our plates was a testimony to the fact that we were voracious eaters like piranhas.

We don’t believe in sharing food. If sharing food is your philosophy then I can assure you that you will always go hungry if you dine with us. Food for us is something which has to be fought for. I recollect those days in college, when we literally use to fight for tiffins. With a chapatti in one hand, and other hand ready to grab whatever food came in the way, it was not one of the pleasant sights to watch. It was more of a scene straight from some famine struck remote villages in Africa.

The way we ate our food, it would not hard to believe if someone mistook we ate food only once a week. But then, this is how we loved eating our tiffins – like Junglees. We were just imitating our forefathers - the cavemen.

Now, it’s a different story altogether. With most of the animals scattered across the globe, our group is not the same anymore.

Anil - Wellington

Ameya and Kandu – NY

Tarun – San Diego

Manprit – Northampton

Rehan – Scotland

Bawa - Pune

Nirav - Ahmedabad

Cedric - Pune

We miss you guys. We know that you miss Mumbai and you miss us. But, believe me; you have got a golden opportunity to give your careers a flying start. Make the full use of it and be in touch. Do keep calling. Dollars aur pounds ki fikar chodd do... Yeh toh sab haath ki mail hain... ;-D

20 comments:

Janice D'Sa said...

Awww.. that was so cute! :D
After 12th, everything changes.. You meet new friends, old buddies don't keep in touch.. That's sad, but true! :(

Aaah! And the table scene.. I can just imagine everything :p You junglees need to learn good table manners :D

Cedric Dias said...

Hey yes i remeber the days. I think most people waited for rehan to bring that mutton stuff. And yes some people brought the same stuff always. But i think in the 4th year we hardly brought our tiffins.

DenziL said...

To IMM,

Wanna join our Junglee group??? I know you are a Junglee to.... ;-D


To Cedric,

Those tiffin days really make me nostalgic.... Anna for his Idlis... Manprit for his once in blue moon Paneer Mutter... Anil for his Alu stuff... Hmmmm... My mouth goes hmmmm.. hmmmmm hmmmmm

Anonymous said...

I really misss those mischievous days of our engineering......the fighting for lunch..the screams of Rehan.......the laziness of Tarun, always sleepin in classes........tapori language of Pritam....denzi ka 2300........Anna ka kaminapan.......Parag ka style..........Atul ka technology..............Jhurani ka Alu special......Kandu ke pj's......Thakur ka favourite line "im sorry........"
Every second was a blast with Animal Kingdom.........

Anonymous said...

anil: nice to see so mANY OF U TOGETHER

DenziL said...

Hey Ali.... You gave me an idea for my next post.... "the screams of Rehan.......the laziness of Tarun, always sleepin in classes........tapori language of Pritam....denzi ka 2300........Anna ka kaminapan.......Parag ka style..........Atul ka technology..............Jhurani ka Alu special......Kandu ke pj's......Thakur ka favourite line "im sorry........"

And so true... Every moment we spent together was really memorable... I wish we could rewind life... And fast forward only exams... heheh :-D



Anillllllllll.... Finally .... How are your studies going in New Zealand????

Janice D'Sa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janice D'Sa said...

I don't mind Denzil.. as long as I am made the Leader of the Junglee team :D lol! Just kidding.. :p

Tarun said...

Ali spoke about all of us.. but what abt him?? hehe.. "the information diggin of Ali, the 60% scorer Ali.."
But yeah.. it was all fun..and guys.. I am coming back.. :) Lets write another post like the first post we wrote.. 2 years after college.. :) maaza aayega..

Deepu said...

ailaa...abhi tak me not counted .....denzii tujhse yeh umeed nahi thi ....waise Kobe's ki woh shaam yaad hai bacchhu ...saalon sirf meine aur tarun ne sizzlers khatam kiye the ..tum sab ...[:D]

DenziL said...

Aila... Salli ka woh topic change karna ...aaj bhi yaad hai mujhe... Let me come up with something very exciting for a new post.... I need some suggestions....

And who is this Deepu and what is she talking about??? Any idea guys???

DenziL said...

Hey Animals....

IMM wants to be made the "Kidding" King of the Jungle.... What say???

Anonymous said...

[b]kaun deepu ...denzii tu mujhse panga le raha hai ...TARUN, Shirish ...Thakur ,,kuch kaho ..tum logon ki GF ki insult ....aur agar tum mein se kissine yeh Q poocha naa ...toh agli baar msd cal ka jawab cal se aane ki umeed mat rakhna ...n
DONT talk to me evr :X

DenziL said...

Aila!!!! Deepu ne sabko apna BF banaya.... Good luck guys...

Ab toh tum logon ko main bhi nahi bacha sakta....

Anonymous said...

tarun ko chaddke ...baaki dono ko koi problem ...toh plzz bata de ..[:d]

Tarun said...

wat do u mean, tarun ko chod ke?? mujh eproblem nahi ho sakta??

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

Rager in A-Run said...

Hey Denzi...that was really nice man !!!!keep up such good work...n stop morphing silly pics!

DenziL said...

I will definitely keep up the good work my friend... I am glad that you liked my work... and as a token... more morphed pics coming your way.... All the Best to You...