Sunday, August 14, 2005
Independence Day ... We the people
Happy Independence Day to all the Indians in India and Indians in other countries as well!!!!!
I had no intention of writing a post on Independence day..and believe me....this is not a post on Independence day..... All of us know what Independence day is all about.... for us teenagers its just another holiday to freak out with our friends.... By the time we get up on this day.... the flags would have been hoisted... the national anthems would have been sung... the Prime Minister would have given his speech ( most of us are still confused whether its the PM or is it the President who gives the speech at the Red Fort on this historic day)
Well... do you remember when was the last time you sung the national anthem??? No... (Besharmi ki bhi haddh hoti hai yaar!!!) .... I too dont remember..but i think it was when i was in 10th standard.... maybe... I am not sure....
Ok... lets forget all this.... Tell me how many of you know the national symbols of India??? No..no...no.. this is not a quiz.... I am just checking your general knowledge... There are just six National Symbols ...
1. National Flag
2. National Emblem
3. National Animal
4. Natinal Bird
5. National Tree
6. National Flower
Just scratch your brains for a while... i.e. if you have one.... Else you can cheat and look at the answers below.... The answers are :
1. National Flag --- Tiranga (The simplest one... those who failed chullu bhar paani mein doob jao)
2. National Emblem --- Three lions visible and fourth one hidden from view ( Check out the cover page of your passport or if you dont have one... borrow a coin from your Dad)
3. National Animal --- Tiger ( Its not Lion or Elephant as some of you thought)
4. Natinal Bird --- Peacock ( White Dove is a peace symbol you nut!!!)
5. National Tree --- Banyan ( Not Ashoka yaar.. whats the matter with you??)
6. National Flower --- Lotus ( You will only think of Roses... all you romantic types)
Now that I have shared so much knowledge with you guys..... Do me a favour... Write down these answers on a sheet of paper 10 times and paste it on your bedroom wall...
That will make sure you never forget this!!!!